Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Quit messing around!

Quitting can be a good thing. It's not "giving up" in some cases, it's just drawing the line and taking action when the time comes! Everyone should have a line in the sand, it's called "dignity" and "self respect". Do we all have the same line? No. Your line is determined by a lot of factors, like a complex math equation. We need money to live in this commercial society. How do we get money? Most people I know WORK. Where do we work? In this job market the choices kind of stink, quite frankly! Pick a job, any job. Try for a career if you can. Try to get hours that don't mess up your family and personal life too much. Try to get pay that makes it worth your while to mess up your family and personal life. Try to get benefits. Try to get upward mobility, management that isn't a bunch of idiots, and work that makes you happy and whole.

Having trouble finding these things? I am! Every job, I get on and the more I work there the more comfortable it gets, but the more it slowly eats away at my happiness. I lull myelf into a state of blank, automated action and drudge thru every day wishing I had my time and energy to do ANYTHING other than what I have to do every day.

Your options are shut your brain off completely, become some kind of substance abuser (no, please don't do that), die, or realize that you have reached your line in the sand! Wake up and TAKE ACTION!

I reached my line in the sand and instinct took over. I quit. I quit, quit, quit, quit, quit, quit! And then I almost threw up. What did I do. Me and my darn dignity.

So I take deep breaths when I feel that freek out coming on, and I think about how every problem can be overcome. There are many SMALL problems, and they are all conquerable. Nothing is impossible. I mean, heck, I have been to worse places and lived so why would this kick my butt now?

I'm DONE with the crap life I had and I am making something new and beautiful for myself. I go to bed every night proud of my resolve, glad to have my dignity. I wake up happy to go where I am going.

I have my new business, growing every day with my effort. I go to work part time at a Doggy Daycare... today i get to enjoy this gorgeous day and not talk to annoying client's (like my last job). I get barked at and slobbered on but I love that! I will come home and work on my projects and go to bed and sleep the sleep of the liberated. And I know tomorrow will be another great day!

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.